Sunday, November 11, 2012

All Polarized Fishing Glasses Are NOT Created Equal

For many years I used to refuse to pay more than $25 for a pair of sunglasses. I couldn't even conceive of why someone would do such a thing. I mean, they're just sunglasses right? I figured that all polarized sunglasses were created equal, and just the price and marketing were different. I was terribly wrong and finally figured it out one day while fishing.

I always wore polarized fishing glasses while I fished, but never really understood the reasoning behind them. I could never see that much better like people claimed that they could. So I figured if they didn't work that well anyway screw it, I'm not investing much money in them. Then one day I was fishing with a good friend who always buys quality everything, including polarized sun glasses. He hooked a nice trout and as he got it within 10 yards of the bank of the river said, "my God, do you see that fish!" I looked and couldn't see anything but the top of the water. He pulled his glasses off of his face and threw them at me saying, "here, put these on and look!". I did, and couldn't believe my eyes! I could now see the monster rainbow trout that he had been fighting. It was amazing! Not so much the fish, but the clarity with which I could see it.

I was so impressed with the glasses, I asked him how much they were because they were so much better than the polarized fishing glasses that I used. He said they were $150, and I about fainted. Then, the next time I went fishing I wore my inexpensive polarized glasses and was so disappointed with them that I threw them away! After seeing how well my friends worked, I couldn't use the cheap ones any longer. So I broke down and bought a quality pair of polarized sun glasses for $100. I couldn't bring myself to spend $150, but I spent $100.

And do you know what has happened? That was 7 years ago and I LOVE my polarized fishing glasses. They are incredible and have performed so well, that when I finally do need a new pair, I'm probably going to get the $150 dollar version. I realized that if you amortize the cost of my $100 glasses, they only cost me about $15 a year. That's less than I was paying for the cheap glasses! This entire experience made me realize that you get what you pay for with polarized fishing glasses. The bottom line is that all polarized fishing glasses are not created equal!

1 comment:

  1. you are right All Polarized Fishing Glasses Are NOT Created Equal.I want to know the reason after wearing the polarized fishing glasses but after reading your blog description give me the ans.thanks a lot.

    click here

    ReplyDelete