Saturday, April 26, 2014

River Fishing Tips For The Rainbow Trout Fisherman

When it comes to fishing for rainbow trout there is one place that I prefer above all others and that
place is the flowing water that a river provides. I have been fishing for rainbow trout in rivers for almost 30 years and enjoy it so much, there is virtually no other form of fishing that I prefer anymore. I mean, sure I'll head out bass fishing once in a while or go on a steel head trip from time to time, but the older I get the more I prefer simply standing in the flowing water with my ultralight gear and catching a nice healthy rainbow or two.

When you have spent as much time as I have on the river you can't help but learn a thing or two, so keep in mind that all of these tips are born from real world fishing experience and aren't fabricated in any way. They are all tips that I have learned and continue to use to this very day and help me catch rainbows virtually every time that I head out fishing. If these simple tips are added to your arsenal, I have no doubt that they will do the same for you.

The first tip has to do with when I head out fishing. I have learned that if you want to consistently catch rainbow trout you have to make sure that you are on the water at the most opportune times, which is to say when the trout are the most likely to be feeding. When I was a younger fisherman, I never paid attention to such things and I believe that this fact alone made me a much more inconsistent fisherman. So now I am always cognizant of when I am fishing so that I can "tip the odds" into my favor.

So when are the odds "in your favor" as a trout fisherman? Well we all know about the morning and the evening, so that's the first way. But there is also the weather and moon both of which I am also aware of when it comes to river fishing. You see, the weather and moon both play very large roles in whether or not the rainbow trout that we are fishing for are going to be actively feeding. For this reason you want to familiarize yourself with some of the simple ways that these two forces of Mother Nature impact fishing so that you can use this information to your advantage on the water.

The next tip that I have is to be as efficient as possible anytime that you are river fishing for rainbow trout. The more efficient you are the more time you will spend with your line in the water where the trout are rather than out of the water while you perform menial and repetitive tasks. This means employing fishing gear such as a fishing vest, waders, a bait bag, and polarized sunglasses just to name a few of the more pertinent items. The bottom line is that the more efficient you are, the more trout you will catch because you will be spending more time with your bait or lure in the water.

Keep these simple river fishing tips in mind as the trout season gets underway and you will be on your way to your best season ever. As I said, these fishing tips have helped me tremendously over the years and I know they will do the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment