Saturday, February 28, 2015

You've Tried Berkly Power Eggs, Right?

For many years I have been using Berkley Powerbait to catch stocked trout.  There are plenty of posts using Powerbait to catch trout throughout this blog for because this particular trout bait is so darned effective when you are fishing for rainbow trout that have been planted into a body of water.  But the other day I was introduced to another form of Powerbait that for some strange reason had not been on my radar for all of these years?  Actually it's probably due to the fact that because the dough style of Powerbait has always resulted in success, so I had never tried to investigate the situation any further.  You know,  the "path of least resistance" rule?

In any case, due to one of my colleagues (whom I hadn't seen in quite a long time until the other day when we got a chance to wet a line) I am now abundantly aware of Power Eggs and I couldn't be happier. These little buggers are great!  All of the trout attracting power of the Powerbait dough bait that we are all so familiar with, but power eggs have a couple of unique distinctions.  The most important in my estimation is that Power eggs are much more durable and easy to use than the dough style Powerbait. 

Power eggs come in the same variety of colors as the dough style trout bait that we are all so familiar with, but stay on the hook much longer than you are probably used to.  As you are no doubt aware, traditional Powerbait becomes slimy and disintegrates in the water after a period of time (30 or so minutes in my experience) and comes off of the hook fairly easily for a variety of other reasons as well.  Well this is not the case when it comes to the much more durable Power eggs.  These unique fishing eggs stay on the hook, even after multiple bites.  My colleague actually caught 3 trout from 10-13 inches the day we were out fishing, without having to put on a new Power Egg!  I can promise you that nothing like this ever happens when traditional Powerbait is being used as bait.  I mean sure you'll catch trout, but you'll be re baiting after every caught trout.

The bottom line is that if you use dough style Powerbait when fishing for trout, do yourself a favor and give Power eggs a try the next time you head out trout fishing.  You may never buy the dough bait again?  Power eggs are just as effective, without all the hassle of the traditional version of Powerbait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment