Saturday, February 20, 2016

It has been some time since I took the time to post anything on this blog, mainly because I had become disenfranchised about the whole idea.  Why?  Because at some point you begin to ask yourself, "what the heck is the point of this thing anyway?"  I questioned the fact that any of this matters and became convinced that it didn't and no one read it anyway.  So I stopped.

Then this morning, as the spring approaches, and the though of fishing for trout starts to come to the forefront of my mind, I thought about this blog and all of the information it contains.  Then I thought about the fact that there are always new people that become interested in the subject of trout fishing and thought about how helpful this information could be to them if they were so inclined to read it.  So i decided to begin adding to said information once again.

Will it matter this time?  More than likely not, but who cares, right?  I'm going to go ahead and do it for that person that's just getting into trout fishing or wants to take their trout fishing to "the next level" so to speak.  And, seeing as how I'm a human being, if I become disenfranchised again, guess what?  I don't have a terrorist holding a gun to my head making me do this, so I can stop again whenever I feel so inclined. 

2 comments:

  1. I will read this blog as you are taking about me buddy. I live in Ontario and have started fishing as an adult 2 years ago and love it. My favorite way to fish is on a stream, drifting for trout and salmon. So far I have had to teach myself what to do through blogs like yours and YouTube, as I don't have an experienced fisherman to show me the ropes. It had been the truest version of the school of hard knocks, but each fish I have caught has been that much sweeter (I got my first chinook last fall). I immediately bookmarked your blog when I saw a post from this month as I find it very hard to find current blogs. Hopefully your tips and teachings will provide me with the ability to share some pics of fish I have caught on the stream with you. Thanks for taking the time to do something that is fairly thankless, as people like you have allowed me to have a hobby in my life I truly love. Fish on my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People like reading different anglers stories. The more we listen to other anglers and share our experiences, the better anglers we become.

    ReplyDelete