Sunday, April 15, 2012

Springtime Trout Fishing

Yesterday was a beautiful day. Partly cloudy with temperatures in the mid fifties
and I was thinking to myself, "I think I'm going to go get some trout fishing in tomorrow". Since the weather has been fairly cool here in Northwest Montana so far this year, the snow in the mountains hasn't really started to melt yet, so the run off has been minimal. This usually makes for some very good springtime trout fishing, so I was looking forward to an enjoyable day on the water.

At about five o'clock this morning, I awoke for for my morning run and can you guess what I was greeted with? That's right, a snowy/rainy mix, which made the idea of going for a run a pipe dream, and as the morning has progressed, the weather hasn't improved too much at all. So, I guess there will be no springtime trout fishing today. I suppose I can't be too dejected though, after all this is Montana, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment