Saturday, March 29, 2014

Have You Ever Heard of a Blue Rainbow Trout?

  If you give me a choice I will choose to fish for native trout (which means a trout that was born or  
lived a majority of its life in the water in which it is caught), but the truth of the matter is that what I end up fishing for many times are rainbow trout that have been stocked into the waterway that I am fishing.   Stocked trout generally don't fight as hard and are much less wary than their native cousins, but are nonetheless the trout that I sometimes have to fish for if I want to go trout fishing.  Well, in Pennsylvania they are stocking a new strain of blue trout in some of their waterways.  I have to admit that it would be kind of neat to catch a blue rainbow trout, even if that trout had been stocked by the fish and game commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment