Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Tips For Catching More Rainbow Trout on Your Next River Fishing Trip

When it comes to the act of fishing there is one style of fishing that stands out above all the others as rainbow trout. Fishing for and catching rainbow trout has been a passion of mine for almost thirty years, so much so that about ten years ago I moved to the sate of Montana with these beautiful fish in the front of my mind.
far as I'm concerned and that style of fishing is fishing in a river while wading. And when I fish in this manner (which is a majority of my fishing time) there is one species of fish that I target above all others, and that fish species is the

Well, as you can probably imagine, in the past three decades I have learned many tips and tricks many of which enable me to catch rainbows virtually every time that I head out fishing. Below I will outline a few of the tips that I believe are the most important so that you can use them to experience more success on your next river fishing trip as well. The tips are being outlined in no particular order and are all equally important in my humble opinion.

The first thing to keep in mind when you are river fishing for rainbow trout is the way in which you walk through the water. Never forget that sound travels very well underwater and when rainbows hear "unnatural" things they tend to become weary and much less apt to be interested in eating. For this reason you always want to wade through the water mindfully and slowly, so as to not cause too much of a ruckus under the water. The more noise you make the more apt you are to spook the trout that you are fishing for and spooking the trout that you are attempting to catch is never a good idea.

Next, you want to familiarize yourself with a river fishing technique known as drift fishing. This technique involves letting your live bait, lure, or even fly drift with the current of the river that you are fishing. I have found that it is a good idea to adjust the amount of weight on your line so that you offering bounces along the bottom as it drifts, especially in cases where live or synthetic fishing worms are the bait of choice. If you want to catch more rainbow trout on your next river fishing trip, drift fishing needs to be a part of your arsenal.

Finally, if you want to catch more rainbows the next time that you hit the river, pay attention to what time of the day that you go fishing. There is a phenomenon that happens every day called the moon rise and believe it or not when the moon is rising or setting, fish tend to be much more active and thus more likely to be feeding. Try to be on the river when the moon is either rising or setting and you will catch more rainbow trout, I promise you. A simple internet search for the term 'moon rise' will reveal all the free information that you need in regards to when this phenomenon takes place each day.

Add one or all of these simple tips to your fishing data base and you will experience more success on your next river fishing trip, I promise you. If they work for me (and they do) I guarantee that these tips will do the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment