Sunday, July 13, 2014

The Dog Days For Trout Fishing

As I become older, or maybe it's as my daughter becomes older, I find that I have less and less time for my favorite activity on earth, fishing for trout.  Over the past few months I have had little or no time to get out there and chase rainbows as it where, which is a departure from 10 or so years ago when I would fish for trout 3-5 times a week from April through November.  At this point in my life I have reserved myself to jamming my trout fishing into the fall, mostly because here in Northwest Montana, I have learned that the fall is the best time of the year to catch rainbows.  Well, that and the fact that my daughter is back in school in the fall, which provides me with a smidgen more free time.

At the end of the day, it works out okay because given the choice I want to river fish and when I was down at my favorite trout river last week I saw that the water was still high and muddy anyway, which as you probably know makes the trout fishing tough to say the least. So, I figure that I'm not really missing out on that much anyway, at least as far as catching a ton of rainbow trout is concerned?  Then again maybe this is just what I tell myslef so that I don't go crazy? 

What I do know for a fact is that the fall fishing season is right around the corner and come hell or high water (which I need no more of by the way!)  I'm going to be out there fishing for rainbows and taking advantage of the usually fruitful fall season.  With any luck family obligations and other worldly issues aren't impacting you in the same way, so that you can get out there and get some trout fishing in right now.  Because even though these are the dog days of trout fishing, these beautiful fish can still be caught right now, I remember from when I used to have the time to do what I wanted to do when I wanted to do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment