Monday, August 25, 2014

It's Almost Time For The Best Time of The Year To Fish For Trout

As I stepped outside to begin my morning run, I immediately thought to myself, "Jesus, it's kind of cold out here."  I quickly went back inside and added a beanie and a long sleeve shirt to my running attire.  As I ran I couldn't help but think to myself how much it was starting to feel like trout fishing weather.  Oh, the fall....there's no better time of the year to fish for (and catch) trout, and I for one can't wait. 

Ever since I moved to Montana more than a decade ago and began to fish for trout upwards of 100 times a year, the fall has been my favorite time of the year to fish for trout.  The cool weather, the uncrowded waterways, and the hungry trout all come together to create what I've always thought of as the "perfect storm" when it come to fishing for trout. 

I've caught virtually all of my trophy sized rainbow trout during the fall, which without question also factors into my love of the fall fishing season.  In any case, if these cooler temperatures are any indication, look for more posts and reports as we head into the months of September, October, and November. 

No comments:

Post a Comment