Sunday, October 26, 2014

Before We Know it The Fall Trout Fishing Season Will be Gone For Another Year

Every time that I've had the opportunity to hit the river this fall the, the rainbows have been hungry, which makes me happy and sad at the same time.  Happy because catching rainbow trout (especially ones that are over the 15 inch mark) is as enjoyable to me as any activity on this planet and sad because each morning I notice the temperatures dropping, which means that my days of productive drift fishing are numbered. 


So, since I know that fall fishing will be over soon, that means that I need to hit the river as much as I can in the next four weeks or so.  Which is exactly what I did last weekend when I managed to catch and release five nice, healthy rainbow trout that measured between fifteen and twenty inches.  And I had one hooked that felt at least as big as my largest trout of the day, only to break my line during the battle.  Yep, the fall trout season is certainly in full swing and I for one am taking advantage of it as much as possible before it's gone for another year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment