Sunday, November 2, 2014

Fall Trout Fishing: Making The Best Of A Rainy Situation

Although fishing for trout in the fall of the year can be a very productive endeavor, the weather can be unpredictable to say the least.  One day it's beautiful, the next it's cold and rainy with the threat of winter looming over the situation like a father over his 15 year old daughter when she shows up an hour late after her first "party".  This is exactly the situation that I find myself in today.


It's cold and rainy, the type of day no one in their right mind would want to spend on the water chasing trout, however I have never claimed to be in my right mind.  I am acutely aware of the fact that November is officially upon us and that I have very little time left in the year to fish for trout, so it is of the utmost importance that I spend as much time on the water trout fishing as I can, while I can, because soon it will be too cold to spend very much time at all on the river that I love so much. 


Therefore I have a plan.  I have checked the weather forecast and the radar map on the interweb (technology is a wonderful thing) and have determined that the rain should stop at around 3:00 for six or seven hours?  Is this an idea that I should be confident about?  Probably not because I know how unpredictable the weather actually is, but a girl can dream can't she?  In any case, I'm planning on giving fishing a shot at around 3:00 this afternoon and we'll see what happens.  One thing I do know is that the temperatures aren't supposed to even hit the 40 degree mark today, so a pair of Wristies will be on my hands no matter what.  This is without a doubt the kind of day that fingerless fishing gloves were made for. 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, fall is really the best time to fish. It gets little bit cold, but when you known you can land nice big trout , nothing stop me from going out. We recently published a fall fishing guide in our website too, you may want to check it out here http://best-spinningreels.com/fishing-fall/. It may be little bit more bass specific, but a lot of tackle/patterns work with trout too.

    I definitely will keep following this blog.

    ReplyDelete