Monday, June 10, 2013

Rainbow Trout – How Gang Hooks Will Help Anyone Catch More Rainbows

Fishing for rainbow trout in the flowing water of a river or stream while using ultralight spin fishing gear is the style of fishing that I most enjoy, there's no doubt about it. I've never figured out whether it is the sound of the water, the intoxicating smells in the air, or the trout themselves that I find the most enjoyable, but the bottom line is that when fishing for rainbows in this manner I feel as if I am talking to God rather than just trying to catch fish. I was taught a specific technique for catching rainbow trout more than 25 years ago, one that I use to this very day, by my best friends father. The technique that I am referring to involves something called a set of gang hooks.

Gang hooks are used by salt water fishermen, which is where my friends father was introduced to them, and he simply downsized what he used for saltwater fishing, and gang hooks for trout fishing were born. These unique fishing hooks are the best way that there is to rig a live worm in a natural manner, and as I am sure you are aware, live worms are an excellent bait for rainbow trout.

Although gang hooks can be used with virtually any trout fishing technique where worms are being used as bait, the way that gang hooks can help anyone catch more rainbows, is by utilizing a technique known as drift fishing. Although the nuances of drift fishing with live worms takes practice to become proficient at, the time invested is well worth the investment.

The bottom line is that when it comes to fishing for rainbow trout, gang hooks and drift fishing should, without question, be a part of your trout fishing repertoire. Live worms are an excellent rainbow trout bait and gang hooks are without a doubt the best way to use a live worm as bait. Start utilizing this information and you will definitely start catching more rainbows.

No comments:

Post a Comment